Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Embracing the Journey

Oddly enough, I never really thought of myself as much of a planner. I don't think many of us do. I'm not talking about day to day, the minutia of it all. I'm talking about the road map, the direction our lives are supposed to take. I never really thought I had a "plan" until I realized that my life course was changed. Until all the "plans" I didn't know I had made, were gone.

It took me a while to realize this was one of those "life lessons" that everyone has to learn. You plan, life detours. It happens to everyone. Though not all detours are quite as drastic as ours, it happens. In the November 2008 Ensign , Joseph B. Wirthlin said, "...every life has peaks and shadows and times when it seems that the birds don’t sing and bells don’t ring. Yet in spite of discouragement and adversity, those who are happiest seem to have a way of learning from difficult times, becoming stronger, wiser, and happier as a result." (Nov. 2008 Ensign, Come What May, and Love It)

So it is with this, that I introduce to you our blog. Before I left for Brazil, I ran across this bracelet from Brighton Jewelry

Every day I wear this bracelet to remind me that its not about the things, the plans...it's about the journey, it's about happiness.

Know that I missing you all every step of the way. But that I am happy, we are happy. Where this adventure will take us, I'm not sure yet. But I hope that journaling our adventure will keep us close with loved ones and friends, that you can experience a bit of our joy through stories and pictures!

Welcome to Brazil!

8 comments:

  1. HI Stephanie
    I am so happy to hear you are embracing Brazil. It is about the journey. If i had never gone to Argentina I would never have known you! :)
    All i know in Portugese is "obrigado."
    Beso

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, thanks for letting me know about your new "digs" here! I'm sorry I haven't been around to visit you much lately. Life is crazy, as you well know! : )

    That bracelet is beautiful, as is your attitude. I'm off to add you to my sidebar so that I don't miss a minute of your adventures!

    And just HOW happy are you to be back with your man? WAHOO!!!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have come a long way already. You have realized some very important things for your life and it will make it so much easier.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bracelet is a perfect, gentle reminder, isn't it?

    Thanks for letting me follow along on the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the BEST attitude. I really do feel honored to have gotten to know you, and to watch you grow in so many ways as life takes you on this joy ride. All the best to you in Brasil!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My darling Stephanie ~ how proud I am of you! I am smiling while thinking of you and reading what you have written. It will be exciting to follow along on your journey. It reminds me of how we kept everyone updated on Tori! Thank you for sharing your life with me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss you already! Wish you were still here and we could double date when I had the odd privilege to find a babysitter... so glad you are embracing the journey! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete