Monday, June 28, 2010

Madness

World Cup Madness reigns supreme here in Brazil. Businesses are decked out in yellow and green. People have decorated their homes, are flying their flags, and pimping out their vehicles. All the patriotism is nice to see .

In all reality, I love the World Cup. It has really been nice to experience it with a country that really has love for the sport that is unmatched by just about anything I have seen. Because seriously watching 3 games a day…that takes dedication people. I wouldn’t know, I bowed out. It was too much for me in one day. I just catch snippets walking in and out now.

One thing I don’t really love about World Cup, or I should say this particular World Cup is the vuvuzela. Seriously, there weren’t enough noisemakers already? Don’t worry the adult here love it just as much as the kids. And they are driving me absolutely insane…at all hours of the day. And with Brazil playing today, it has started that much earlier, with that much more intensity.

Today I leave you with a video made by some kids at the school I work for. Not our particular school, this one is in Belo Horizonte, but I thought it was cute! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I was waiting for a post about the World Cup.
    I have no patience to sit in front of the TV for one single game.

    Right now, they are playing and I am catching up on blog ; )

    ReplyDelete