Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Adventures at Hawk's Nest


Hawk's Nest is a recreation area where you are can snow tubing and zip lining! We were lucky enough to do both and it was awesome!!










Snowtubing was so much fun. We opted to go in the evening and it was perfect! The hills did get really slick though and REALLY packed down. Which made for a VERY FAST ride. In fact, one time going down I hit a huge bump, which resulted in my flying in the air (off the tube, though I still had hold of those handles) and slamming back down on my butt bone. I though for sure I had broken it. Thankfully it was just cut and bruised...but it made the rest of the week pretty uncomfortable to sit!!











The next morning, we did the zip line!! Here we are waiting to get our gear on!














Strapped in and ready to go!! The girls in this family are all adventurous!






Flying through the air!!







Hawk's Nest was a blast and I am so glad to have had the experience! I had done zip lines before but tiny ones! I would definitely love to do more of these long ones! We were only able to do four lines! But they also have a 10 line tour! Our tour guides were awesome and we just had a really good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment